This weekend I took Gumpaste Flower Making Course for two days since I have passion in baking why not taking this course. It will add beauty to my cake decoration. I post here one of the finished product I made which is the red rose. Our mentor let us used air brush to enhance the color. Cute isn't it? Here is the recipe if you want to make one at your home. It's very easy.
2 tbsp. Unflavored Gelatin
2/3 cups Cold water
8 cups Confectioner's Sugar
1. Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the cold water and stir until well blended. Allow gelatin to set.
2. When set, put the mixture on top of a double boiler and cook until gelatin is fully dissolved. Do not use wire whisk so that gelatin will not pick-up air.
3. Measure powdered sugar in a clean table. Make a well at the center and pour gelatin mixture.
4. Stir in the powdered sugar into the liquid. Knead until smooth and pliable. Add powdered sugar if necessary.
5. Store in airtight container.